JA Engineer
JA Engineer, Engineer
Experience:  Broadcast Engineer for over 7 years.
53814968

If a call is made in England to Australia and is not

Customer Question

If a call is made in England to Australia and is not answered is that call charged to the English caller
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  JA Engineer replied 6 months ago.

Hello Brenda.

That is a very good question. Here is the simple answer: the call is only charged to the English caller if one of the following scenarios take place:

(1) Someone in Australia picks up the phone and answers it

OR

(2) If an answering machine or voicemail service picks up the call.

Calls are only charged if someone or a device in Australia connects with the person in England. If the English caller hangs up before the call is answered, then there will be no charge to that person. In addition, if the phone rings until it stops ringing without any intervention from a voicemail service or answering machine in Australia, the call will not be charged to the English caller.

Please remember to click on 5 stars and click Submit so that I can be paid for helping you.

Have a good day.

Hello Brenda.

I have not heard back from you and was wondering if I was able to successfully help you to understand the issue you presented about the caller in England.

Please remember to click on 3 or more stars and click Submit so that I can be paid for helping you.

Have a good night.