John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!

Can hear person on other end but they can hear me

Customer Question

can hear person on other end but they can hear me
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out, Jo.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the base usually)

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

I’ve attempted to accept your call request, but it appears to have failed on your end due to a payment issue. You may need to increase your deposit or clear a security hold on your account. I’ll resend a new phone offer from my end that may be more readily processed. If you prefer to continue here in chat, that is fine too, just let me know. Just let me know either way.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Time Warner is our carrier. There r 4 phones on line, no fax, dsl service on same line and no problem until 3wks. ago. have had phones 3yrs? panasonic KX-TGEA20 Another phone stopped working yesterday and message is use rechargeable battery.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

That is the handset model, I'm asking you for the model of the base station, please.

Are all 4 of the phones you referred to the panasonic cordless ones?
Do you have any other phone, just a basic corded/wall phone that we can test the line with? That is the necessary next step here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Also can you please resend the complete description of the problem, your initial post stated they can hear you and you can hear them.

I assume one should be "can't", but it is unclear which.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can hear them they can't hear me. base #KX-GE274S We do not have corded phone. I can receive calls on 2 of the phones.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
r u still on the line
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
not interested in paying $24 more