Thomas, Technician
Experience:  Repair computer hardware, phones, tablets, televisions, game consoles

My Kindle will not come on. the light flickers but will not

Customer Question

My Kindle will not come on. the light flickers but will not stay on. I don't see any way to put a battery. What is wrong???
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you win with technology! Lets get started!

Try to connect the charger, and press and hold down the power button for 30 seconds. This little trick forces the Kindle to power off and load fresh software. If you are having a physical issue with the battery it may not help, but if its only a software bug this should work for you. Try it and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is loading something. Now looks like it is charging.
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 months ago.

These are like computers, sometimes the firmware locks up and you have to force it off and back on to load everything fresh. Hopefully your Kindle will be operational again! If I've been of any help, I hope you'll rate my service positively.