Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC

I have spent 30 minutes so far on the internet trying to

Customer Question

I have spent 30 minutes so far on the internet trying to find out what I really have to do because my purse was stolen with my Kindle white. I am 88 years old and find it very difficult to find what I need to do. Can you help me, perhaps with a phone number if all else fails. Norma Kjeldgaard
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this but I’ll do my best to help you out, Norma.

What you need to do is to deregister the kindle. That will prevent anyone else from accessing it, or your account.

You can do that yourself easily online (I'd be happy to guide you through the steps), but it may be easier for you to just call amazon kindle support directly. They can deactivate it, and they can also mark it as stolen which may assist you in having it located at some point and even assist the police in finding the people that took your purse.

The number to call is 866\321/8851

To deactivate yourself, click here:

Choose your kindle from the list, then click on Device Actions,

you'll see options there to locate the kindle (if someone puts it onto their wifi network, you can track it), to remotely lock it, and to deregister it (which unlinks it from your account).

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this, Norma?