Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

I own a hair clipper ER-GP80. The blade fell and as a result

Customer Question

Hi, I own a hair clipper ER-GP80. The blade fell and as a result the moving blade is no longer attached to the still blade. How can I reattach them please help. Thanks
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.
Hi there
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi, can you help me out? It's a Panasonic btw
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I cannot see your answer.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for replying back to me. You were offline when I responded earlier.

Could you please attach a photo so I can see exactly what state the clippers are in?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have an international number (0096597270552). I prefer sticking to messages.
Here is a picture.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for that!

The parts should be mounted together as shown:

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks. I am aware this is how they should be mounted, however the white piece does not stick to the black piece. The two pieces should be sticking together so that when they are attached back to the machine they can work. Before the piece fell, they were attached, possibly through the metal bands. In my case, the machine makes a loud sound instead of the smooth normal sound when I try to turn it on mounted as shown. I attached a picture of it mounted as you mentioned.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

Yes, they should push together and click into place - if this is not the case then part of the assembly has been damaged and you will need to obtain a replacement from Panasonic.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I am pretty sure that no piece was missing when I scanned the floor after the piece fell. Furthermore, while examining the pieces, I see no possible location where a piece might be missing, nor any signs of anything broken. When the two pieces were still connected, the white and black piece would still be able to move, as if they were connected with some sort of metal piece. In my view that piece is still there, connected with the two metal springs above it. My question is this: how do I reconnect these two pieces again with that metal rod?
PS. I hope you understand that I find it difficult to be satisfied after paying $20+ and I am told by an expert to ask Panasonic to send me a new piece - when clearly nothing is broken (otherwise, I would have done for $20+ cheaper)
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

ok let me check if the other techs can help...

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Any updates?