Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Want to update new memory disk on mobile

Customer Question

Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a Samsung Ace mobile with original 2G memory card. I have just purchased a SanDisk Ultra microSDHC 32G card with adapter. I have changed the cards in the mobile and have tried to download a program but my mobile responds with 'not sufficent memory'
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If you prefer a phone call I am on 07 5572 8223
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

Hi Bill and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back that you would want to download not install.

Additionally, has the "...32G microSDHC Card..." been formatted?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, I want to install the the card. Does it need to be formatted first?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I want to install my new 32G card. Does it need to be formatted first? If so please advise how I go about this?
Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

By design, an application would be installed on the Ace's internal memory. This is for both speed when the application would be running and security in the event that the memory card would be changed or damaged.

Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

There are 2-ways of using the SD memory card:

• (simplest/easiest) move the currently installed applications (if allowable) from the internal memory to the SD memory card. The end result is that most space of the internal memory would be freed and therefore can be occupied by the new applications to be installed;
  • (high risk/technical) root the Ace to gain access to the partition of the SD memory card, create 2 partitions and allocate second partition as an extension of the internal memory.

Please post back how you would want to approach this and/or should additional information be needed.

Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

...

Expert:  Louie replied 4 months ago.

And to format the new memory card, please click HERE.