Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Engineer / Consultant

I mistakenly set my Garmin Nuvi on end in a glass that had

Customer Question

I mistakenly set my Garmin Nuvi on end in a glass that had 1/4 " of water in it...I could see a few little drops of water under the screen. I shook it, and water came out in a few drops. Now it doesn't work. The light comes on, that's all. Is there anything I can do to fix it, or will anyone else fix it for me, or should I just give up and throw it away?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & Welcome,

Sorry to hear of any issue you are having with your device.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the device you are working with? If you're not sure, if you can find the SERIAL number and send it back, I may be able to find the model.

2) The AGE of the device?

3) How long was the device in the water and then allowed to "dry"?

NOTE: What I'm try to determine is if it is "worth it" to try to repair it (or not).

Expert:  Greg A. replied 2 months ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

P.S. If worst comes to worst, I will let you know that you MAY be able to have the device repaired using the "Out-of-Warranty" repair service for a flat fee. To get a quote on that fee, you can use the following link and then select your device model from the pull-down list.

NOTE: Any such repair comes with a 90 day warranty, give you plenty of time to TEST the repaired unit.