GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

Well my kindle froze and it say ( please wait a moment while

Customer Question

well my kindle froze and it say ( please wait a moment while your kindle starts up )
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: yesterday about 2pm and still the same now
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: charging it up try turning it of but it stays on
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no just need to start it up from being frozen on the page
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. This problem and many others are often the result of a "glitch" in the software. Luckily, it is easily fixed.

Please do the following:

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button or switch in the OFF position for about 20 seconds.

Release the button or switch, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

If this doesn't work, please repeat the steps and this time hold the power button or switch in the off position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. If it did require you to set it up again, then the factory reset was successful.

If you do have to reset it to factory defaults, you don't have to be concerned about losing your books. The books that you have purchased from your Kindle will continue to be available at the Amazon website under My CONTENT if you should wish to download them again at some point in the future.

If it was not successful (it didn't require you to set it up again), IF your Kindle is a Fire(at least 2nd generation), you should be able to a factory reset from here. Go to My Account > Manage you content and Devices and click on the device tab. If it is available, you'll see REMOTE FACTORY RESET as an option in the drop down menu under DEVICE ACTIONS. Please note: The Fire’s battery needs to be charged to at least 30% and it must be connected to a Wi-Fi network. If this doesn't work, or of the option is not available for your Kindle, please let me know. Thank you!

If the information that I have provided has been helpful, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.