Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC

Turned off my kindle after reading for some time. I plugged

Customer Question

turned off my kindle after reading for some time. I plugged it in for a shot period of time.. when I went to turn it on the turn on switch does not work
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
is working now. while waiting for your response my nephew told me to do same thing and it was working when I received you reply.
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

I had replied within 30 seconds of your original post, though I realize you may not have seen it on the page right away. But I'm glad it is working for you.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of the page; hopefully I have earned 5 Stars. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?