Anthony
Anthony, Technician
Experience:  20+ years in trade TV and Electronics
18621325

I bought three kindles on Amazon a couple of years ago. One

Customer Question

I bought three kindles on Amazon a couple of years ago. One of them says the battery needs to be charged but it won't take a charge, help?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Anthony replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Please reset the kindle by holding down the on/off switch (or slide across in this case) for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating is appreciated thank you , the rating bar of stars is usually at the top of the page thanks again

If this does not work please come back to me so we can discuss about replacing the battery

Regards

Anthony