Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Engineer / Consultant
5229702

I have a second phone and the message reads press find hs on

Customer Question

I have a second phone and the message reads press find hs on base 4 seconds I need help
so that the second phone can be connected. if you need to call me(###) ###-####cell phone
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.

Hello & Welcome,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist you today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the main base unit.

2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system?

3) Is this a NEW handset that you are trying to "add" to your system?

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
model cs6429-3 2 cordless handsets not new
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.

OK

Since this is NOT a NEW handset for the system, may I ask the AGE of the system and WHEN this issue first began?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
probably 6 years or older this happened about three weeks ago
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.

NOTE: I see your phone call request but don't have an open line just now to be able to call. Another expert MAY accept your call request at any time.

Now that I know the system is ~6 years old, may I ask if the batteries for the handsets have been replaced during that time?

And if so, WHEN was the last time they were replaced?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no batteries replaced
Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.

OK - if that is the case, you MAY want to consider replacement batteries for both handsets.

But in the mean time, if ONE of the handsets has the message on the display that says "press find hs on base...", then it sounds like that one handset has "lost it registration" (link) to the Main Base Unit.

So let me find the instructions on how to try and "register" that handset again.

Back soon.

Expert:  Greg A. replied 6 months ago.

OK - I have attached an image file that has the instructions on how to register a new handset - and the same steps are used to register a handset that has become disconnected.

You MAY have to click on the image file NAME to see the instructions.

Please give these steps a try and let me know if you can get the one handset registered to the base again.

And let me know if you have any questions about the instructions too.

Thanks, ***** *****