Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My sky caddie touch will not charge red light will not come

Customer Question

my sky caddie touch will not charge red light will not come on
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

There are three main possible causes of the problem your SkyCaddie is having:

1. it may have a failed battery. Batteries do fail; however, for the charge light to not come On at all is not typical of a failed battery.

or

2. the charger might be defective. Check the cord for repeated foldings, strains, and breakages. Or better, test the output from the charger, with a voltmeter... that should determine whether it is delivering power to charge with, or not. (Note: do this test with the charger *not* connected up to the SkyCaddie device.)

or perhaps

3. the worst-case scenario: that the charging circuitry inside the SkyCaddie device is defective.

(And there's perhaps 4. that the metal contacts through which the charging is done might be dirty and thus impeding charging. But that would be very obvious, of course.)

Now there is the possibility of warranty coverage to consider at this point. How old is the SkyCaddie device in question?