Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC

I have an older sentry group safe with a combination dial

Customer Question

I have an older sentry group safe with a combination dial and handle . My safe is open but i can't shut the door cause of lost forgotten combination. I have a few numbers from inside- R4132 and T728311 any help would be great.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If you are the registered owner of the safe in question, and have the bill of sale for it, then you can get the registered combination issued to you from the manufacturer of the safe, Sentry Safes. Would that be a good resolution to the problem ? if so, let me know by Reply To Expert, and I will instruct you how to do so.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I am not the original owner and I do not want to agree to any other hidden agreements. I do not want a subscription and only expect to be billed $24 dollars to my credit card from which I didn't get any answer to help me whatsoever. My business is concluded with this site. Richard * on 7/23/2016 10:38pm

I have no power over charges and billing. For such concerns, please contact Customer Support at They can be reached through

If you are not hte original owner, then there may be no recourse for this safe and its problem. But, in case there is one unknown to me, I have Opted Out, opening the case to all other Experts in this category. Perhaps one of them will have the answer you need.

Than you for trying

Expert:  Nathan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately this is not something you can simply get a code for online, for obvious security reasons, otherwise anyone could break into your home or steal your safe and then just retrieve the code to open it, rendering the safe useless.

What you'll need to do is fill out a form, have it notarized (to prove ownership) then send it in (along with a check) to Sentry. Note that in your case, possession infers ownership, just because you weren't the original owner does not matter, so long as you acquired it in good faith and can attest to a notary that it is your safe (not stolen, etc).

They'll mail you back the original keys if applicable and/or the override code.

You can get the form here:

There are instructions on it for sending the info in by mail, or you can pay the fee online and fax/email the form after it is notarized.

I'm sorry there is not a quicker resolution possible, this process is in place to ensure security, so that not just anyone could get a code or key to your safe.

Best regards,

Expert:  Nathan replied 2 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?