Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.

I purchased my safe which included several rolls of quarters

Customer Question

My Name is Bert. I purchased my safe which included several rolls of quarters and 2 sleeves of gold plated dollars about 8 years ago thru a special you were running at that time. My problem is the safe's tumbler will not turn to the right at all. I tried using WD-40 and I still can not get the dial to move to the right. It moves to the left easy.
JA: The Expert will know what to do. Is there anything else the Expert should be aware of?
Customer: No, that's it. Since the tumbler is locked I cannot open my safe. Thank you.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Hi Bert, I am sorry to hear that.

May I have the make and full model# ***** your safe?

Also its approximate age, I knwo you said you got it 8 years ago but was it new at that time?

Thank you

Tech michael

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I bought my Safe brand new from World Monatary Exchange Reserve. It was a promotional thing that came with about 10 boxes of gold plated quarters and 2 boxes of gold plated coins that are $1. The DIAL will not turn to the right. It feels stuck. However it turns to the left very easy.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have used WD40 but it still doesn't make the dial turn at all to the right
Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Thank you Bert, for that information. On this one unfortunately the internal dial Cogs are compromised. Meaning the part that holds them all together in the lock cylinder has come loose. Because of that there is one that has slipped off its shaft and is blocking the rest from turning and making it impossible to turn it to the left. You could try tipping the safe forward onto its dace and tapping it a few times while trying to turn the dial in both directions to see if that clears the problem.

But more than likely this one will need to be looked at and repaired by a local locksmith.

It shouldn't be too expensive as this is a pretty easy fix for an honest lock technician;)

I wish I had better news for you Bert, I really do.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate my service kindly.

Also it is the only way I am credited for my time and expertise with you.

Once you rate, I will be notified and will add your question to my priority list so you can reach me anytime until this problem is solved.

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a great weekend!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My technician couldn't help my situation but he did give me a few solutions to try. He did respond fairly quickly which was nice. Overall I'm satisfied with help.
Expert:  Michael replied 3 months ago.

Hi Bert, you need to rate using the rating buttons so I can close this for you, no additional cost involved ;-)

Thank Bert.

Tech Michael