Nathan, Engineer
Experience:  Managing Director at Pollinate Group LLC
59725966

We have a Pioneer vsx1019ah unit amd it won't turn on. It's

Customer Question

We have a Pioneer vsx1019ah unit amd it won't turn on. It's been working fine this morning but now if you try yo yurn it on either manually on the unit or via the remote, it just flashes on and off
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Karen.

The shut down is a protection circuit kicking in to protect the receiver from damage.

This could be caused by a short in one of the speakers or components, thermal fault, or an internal defect in the amp itself.

You can try a few fixes yourself. To begin, power the receiver off, and disconnect all speakers and components. Try to turn it back on in Tuner (am/fm) mode and see if it will stay on. If it does, power off and reconnect 1 speaker, then power on to test again. Continue this process until you isolate the speaker or component causing the problem, or until everything operates normally.

Let me know the results, or lack thereof, and I’ll advise further if needed.

Expert:  Nathan replied 4 months ago.

Do you need more help with this?