Cerecita
Cerecita,
1470369

I have a Sentry Safe AY-329552 and have always opened it

Customer Question

I have a Sentry Safe AY-329552 and have always opened it using only the key. Now, somehow the combination part of the safe was moved and now I cannot open it. I have the combination that it came with, 3 left to 1, 2 right to 2 and left and stop at 3, but that does not work. Can you help me get this open?
Dick Miller -***@******.***
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  chester298 replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to Just answer.

Initially, does your combination referring to is the one that you previously using with success? Usually original combo is written on your original manual.

Please let me know

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

The combination is the one I wrote down when I first got the safe. I have never used it since I always left it at zero and opened it the key.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Are you still there?

Is that OK with you if I send the procedure on how to open it? Maybe in the long time you did not use the combo maybe you forgot something.

1. You need to clear the lock, by turning the dial past 0 three times counter clockwise.

2. After the third time, stop on the first number of the combination.

3. Turn the dial counter clock wise and pass the second number of the combination once. While still turning the dial clockwise, stop on the second number the second time you reach it.

4. Turn counter clockwise once more and stop on the final number the first time you see it.

From there it should be open. It does take a few times to get it down, and depending on your model you make need to have a key turned in the lock simultaneously

Reply back if you able to open your safe with this procedure.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

It still does not open. Are there any other tricks to getting this open?

how you use the key?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Do you think I have the right combination? 3 left to 1, 2 right to 2 and left to stop on 3.

To make it sure, follow the procedure given above

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Turn key and pull cylinder out and then open with handle.

Try to use the key simultaneous. You make need to have a key turned in the lock simultaneously

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Would you please call me at(###) ###-####

Sorry I am not supported by phone call.

Is it 3 or 4 combination?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

What do you mean, 3 or 4 combination?

3 numbers or 4 numbers.

I also did not find your sentry model on my list can you please double check it?

For the mean time, try to watch this video on how to open your safe. CLICK HERE. NOTE: in video that is not your specific model but the procedure is the same.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Sentry Model AY-329552

Please try to watch the video and follow the instruction there.

Hi may I know what happen?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

What?

Did you already watch the video and open your safe? Please do all my suggestion for me to help you on your problem.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I watched video but it does not help. Is there some way to reset the combination since I'm not sure I'm using the right one?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Are you still there????

Yes, that is dial safe there is no way to change the combination.

In this case you need to request your combination to sentry safe. However, there is a right procedure on it. You need to prove your true ownership. Click this link for your reference CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Since I have not been able to open my safe with your help, do I still have to pay the maintenance charger?

Are you satisfied to my service? If you rate me 1 to 5 what is your rating?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Since you were unable to help me open my safe, I would say that I am dissatisfied. However, it is really not your fault.

Just email our customer support at***@******.***

Expert:  Cerecita replied 11 months ago.

Hi, Dick and welcome.

My name is ***** ***** I am also an expert in Safes, here at Just Answer.

I am willing to try to help you get your safe open, if you didn't yet request a refund.

First, the number you state (AY-329552) is the serial number, not the model number. The model number is ***** on a badge-shaped sticker near the upper door hinge, so see if you can find it. Secondly, are you sure your combination is "1, 2, 3?" because that seems a little odd. I would go ahead and request your combination, by submitting a combination request from Sentry, as the previous expert suggested.

Also, if your key is round and hollow, use it first, turn to release the cylinder inside, and REMOVE the key before dialing your combination.

Please let me know if any of these suggestions are helpful. If they are, fantastic! If not, please do not rate negatively, just don't rate at all and either contact Sentry for your correct combination and also to troubleshoot the problem.

I wish you much good luck with your safe and please keep me posted on how things are going. Thanks!

Best wishes,

Cher