Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

Restore D1708 OSD to english

Customer Question

Restore D1708 OSD to english
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

HI there and welcome Ray

Can you view the manual here and follow the instructions on Page 12 to change the Language.

http://data.manualslib.com/pdf/2/124/12393-audiovox/d1708.pdf?8cfc5016f842b74d55910c6211ba9708

I have provided the manual as then you can see pictures of the steps you need to take.

Let me know please how you go

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Maybe I should of clarified that it's the Preference Menu and On Screen display of functions that's in French.
I Already had the Manual and have repeatedly tried the steps outlined on page 12 with no change ...
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

can you follow the steps on page 14 to reset it please which will return it to new and default to English

Let me know please how you go.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm thinking Reset may have been the original cause for the OSD to display in French, because it has no effect either Something I've also tried MANY times...
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

By default it would go to English.

When you reset it, what actually happens? Does it go through the reset procedure?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not sure what you mean by reset procedure? It makes a change to Subtitle or as it's now Labeled "Sous-Titre" to "Eteint" of which I change back to English...
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

The reset procedure I had you do, that you said you did many times, on page 14.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I mean no disrespect, but I was hoping you had an answer that wasn't readily available on the web and that I haven't already tried...like maybe some secret code to input that opens the OSD
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

No problem, though I am not sure why your not following my request and doing the instructions I gave you. You indicated you did the reset many times, I asked you what it did straight after doing the reset and you replied asking what reset I am referring to.....

Then this message, I think its best I opt out and stop working with you any further.

Thank you and all the best.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I did exactly as you directed regardless if I had done it before and I described that "Reset" made a change to Subtitles only