Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have an ER-A320 electronic cash register. Somehow

Customer Question

I have an ER-A320 electronic cash register. Somehow department or (clerk) #'s 8 and 9 will not work anymore. #'s 1-7 and 10 still work fine. Not sure what the operator of the till hit to make them non functional able. The till just beeps when those 2 departments are hit. Is there anyway to make them work again?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Do the # ***** and # ***** keys not work, both when using them to select a clerk #, and when (a different function and context) using them to select a department # ?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The numbers 8 and 9 keys work. Its the clerk numbers 8 and 9 that don't work.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
clerk number maybe should have been clarified as department number. Department numbers 8 and 9 don't work….when pressed the till beeps rather than record the sale.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not sure what the operator of the till pushed to have deprogrammed these 2 departments. Department numbers 1-7 and 10 still work fine.

OK.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm at home now, not in front of the till. Was just wondering if there was a way to get those 2 departments back?

Try this, with department # ***** See if you can make # ***** taxable, or whether that too just beeps at you when you get to #8:

• Turn key to PGM (Program)
  • Enter 2111
  • Enter Decimal
  • Press @/For
  • Enter 08 (08 = department number to be programmed)
  • Press @/For
  • Enter 000001 for Tax Rate 1
  • Press SBTL button
  • Press CA/AT ( Cash)
  • Make sure you return the key to Reg
  • Perform a test
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK, thanks. I'll give this a try when I go to work tonite.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Any idea what that person may have accidentally pressed on the till for this to occur? So we can prevent it from happening again.

I don't know. I'm inclined to think that it was a matter of the register having a glitch and changing its configuration slightly. But it could be an accidental keystroke too, maybe... let me know how it goes. The sequence I proposed might 're-do' the settings for department 8, and make it workable again. If it seems to have done so, then do the same sequence, only for department "09".

Incidentally, if those departments (Either one) are supposed to be tax-free, then enter

000000

(six zeros) for the Tax Rate, rather than 000001.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok, thanks….I'll give it a try

OK.