Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company

I have a pioneer receiver and the HDMI indicator flashing. I

Customer Question

I have a pioneer receiver and the HDMI indicator flashing. I have tried to reset the signal selections to "H" but it keeps going back to "A" I am not tech savvy at all hubby out of town and I need advice
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: several years old model VSX-519V
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: re setting signal selection but cannot get it to stay on "H"
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no thaks
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

Hello, Please reboot your cable box- or whatever other source is connected to the HDMI port- that you are viewing. Shut the Pioneer receiver OFF, then pull the power cord from the wall plug to the cable/SAT box, etc. connected to the receiver.

While it's unplugged check that the HDMI cable is connected securely on both ends (the box and the Pioneer). Plug it back into power and give it a few minutes to reboot. Then turn the Pioneer on and see if you still have the same problem.

Expert:  Aric replied 3 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.