John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

This question is regarding the Garmin Forerunner 235. I am

Customer Question

This question is regarding the Garmin Forerunner 235. I am having problems getting the device to connect to my smartphone. It worked fine the first day, but disconnected sometime in the night, and has been nearly impossible to get connected ever since.
I have tried deleting the Garmin Connect app, and reset both my phone and the 235 multiple times. Last night it connected randomly, without my doing anything, and stayed connected until early this morning, but now it's the same issue.
Some help would be appreciated, there is very little information available online, and I've tried what little I could find to no avail.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 10 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

When you say you reset the phone, do you mean a factory data reset Wes? So it removed all data and returned the phone to new requiring you to set it up again?