GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds

My Garmin vivosmart HR watch started blinking and now it is

Customer Question

My Garmin vivosmart HR watch started blinking and now it is just a blank screen. I have turned it off and on but nothing. It is fully charged. What do I do next?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. I'm sorry that you're having this issue. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this.

It is possible. that a master reset can fix this problem. However, PLEASE NOTE: A master reset erases all user information and workout data.

Charging the device for 3 or more hours often "resets" it. You may want to try this first. If that does not work, however, you can "factory reset" your watch with the following procedure.

1. Delete the Garmin Connect app from your phone.
  2. "Forget" the device in your phone's Bluetooth settings and disable Bluetooth on your phone, then reboot your phone.
  3. Clamp the VivoSmart into its charger, and plug it into your computer.
  4. Erase all files and directories on the VivoSmart when it comes up as a USB drive on your computer.
  5. Eject the VivoSmart USB device from your computer.
  6. Disconnect the VivoSmart from the charger
  7. Re-install Garmin Connect on your phone.
  8. Re-enable Bluetooth on your phone.
  9. Put your Vivosmart into "pairing mode" -- documented in your manual -- and re-pair your VivoSmart as below:
    1. Open Garmin Connect Mobile on your phone.
    2. Touch the Home Menu button
    3. Touch Devices
    4. Touch the “+” in the upper-right corner
    5. Touch Health and Fitness
    6. Touch vivosmart
    7. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the pairing process
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem., would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to assist you.