John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!

I've 2 kindles having a problem with my kindle #2. It

Customer Question

I've 2 kindles having a problem with my kindle #2. It appears tone frozen I he followed directions for rebooting but not working .could you'll help me?Carole Missaggia ***@******.***
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rahul P. replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for using justanswer.

please do the following steps,

1) Remove your Kindle from the charger if connected.

2) Press and hold (or slide and hold)the power button to the right and hold it there for 30 seconds.After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.
If you only hold the Power button to the right for only 5 to 10 seconds you'll just turn the unit OFF. So,you have to hold the power button to the right for at least 30 seconds.
After the 30 seconds, release the Power button.The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.
It will reboot and it will work again.

Hope it helps. Please reply if it works.
It would be kind enough to give a positive rating to my answer, but if you are going to click either "Poor service" or "Bad service", please stop and click on the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button so that i will be happy to assist you with your problem.