Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Computer, Audio, Video Repair & Setup

Bulb burned out bought new one installed it still blinking

Customer Question

Bulb burned out bought new one installed it still blinking red at a 3 time interval. Kds-a6060 sony garcia wega
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Welcome. I am Mike, an experienced field technician. We are now connected together on this convenient website where I am able to help you.

3 blinks means the tv is not detecting that the lamp door is put back on the tv and/or the lamp is not seated properly into the tv. There a some tiny switches inside the tv that the door and the lamp make contact with. Try reseating the lamp and make sure the door is on fully. Otherwise the switches inside the tv need service (reply for more details).

Before you go please take a moment to submit at least a 3 star rating at the top of this page. Then if you still need help you can reply back and I will be happy to assist you further.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Appears the site sent you an automatic pop up for phone call service. This was not sent by me, and I am not available by phone. In the mean time we can continue our chat...

Expert:  Mike G. replied 3 months ago.

Reply back and explain what part of my answer you do not understand or how else exactly I can help you.