GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

I just bought my 3rd and last Kindle. I cannot hook up to

Customer Question

I just bought my 3rd and last Kindle. I cannot hook up to the wifi here at the hotel so I can register and will also need to fry the last kindle so no one else can use it.
thanks
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows. I'm sorry that you're having this issue. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve this.

In most hotels there is an extra step that you will need to take once you have entered the wifi password. I many cases you will need to open the Kindle Fire browser and accept the terms of service on a website. Usually the website comes up automatically, but if it does not, you will need to call Customer Service for the hotel Wi-Fi provider to get the url of the website and try to do it manually. I've added basic info on how to connect to wifi, even though you probably already know that part.

HOW TO SETUP WIFI

Your Kindle Fire automatically detects nearby Wi-Fi networks and wireless hotspots that broadcast their network name. Some networks are open for everyone to join, while others require a password ***** connect. You can connect your Kindle Fire to your home Wi-Fi network, public Wi-Fi networks, and some enterprise private networks.

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen to show Quick Settings, and then tap Wireless.
  2. Verify that Airplane Mode is Off.
  3. Next to Wi-Fi, tap On.
  4. Tap a network to connect to it. If you see a lock icon, a network password ***** ***** Enter the Wi-Fi network password, and then tap Connect.

Note: If you don't know the password, check with the person who set up the network. This password ***** ***** your Amazon account password.

After you connect to a Wi-Fi network, your Kindle Fire automatically connects to the network again when it's in range. If more than one network is in range, your Kindle Fire automatically connects to the last network used.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 5 months ago.

Please give that a try and let me know how it works for you. Also, please let me know the model of the Kindle that you would like to wipe, and I will provide detailed instructions for setting to back to Factory, out of the box settings.

When we're done, and your problem has been resolved, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it!. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating of at least 3 stars.