Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.

I have a canon projector lv-x6 which is past warranty life

Customer Question

Good afternoon
I have a canon projector lv-x6 which is long past warranty life (c.2003 but which has been performing well till I now get the warning light on start up - 4 pulses red light, pause 4 red etc. According to the manual this is a problem with the fan and the fan does turn off at same time.Is there any way of having the fan repaired or replaced?Many thanks Ray
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

Hi Ray and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, yes and in most instances, the fan can be cleaned and re-lubricated as this is the only easy doable try.

It is equally possible to replace as the fan is not proprietary and is commonly used by a number of different brands, models and even across other products.

Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach; i.e. comfortable working on the inside circuitry? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?

Please post back with clear picture of the fan and its wiring/connector.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Louie
Thanks for that.
Probably best I get a technician on to it.
Is there a canon office in cairns or should I courier projector somewhere else?
Expert:  Louie replied 3 months ago.

I understand Ray.

Please click HERE.

Or inquire from:

• Think Office Technology
  • 34 Hamlet Street
  • QLD, 4740
  • Phone: (07) 4952 3122