Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

Samsung S7 edge was working on KooDo now getting msg NO

Customer Question

Samsung S7 edge
was working on KooDo now getting msg NO service unregistered SIM
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you power off the S7

Then take out the sim card, wipe it on your sleeve, put it back in the S7 and power it on and tell me if it now functions please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
service provider did this and tried another SIM, did not fix
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, what other steps have you already tried Ken? So we do not repeat these.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
email is working via Wi-Fi,
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok but thats not effected by this,

What I am asking Ken is what other steps have you already tried Ken? So we do not repeat these.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Went to service provider and he tried another SIM card and restarted and he checked all settings and said they were ok, still, msg "NO SERVICE - selected network (Koodo) unavailable - unregistered SIM" His working SIM did not work in my S7e. Said to call supplier for tech support, that is why I'm talking to you.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok thanks

go to Settings, Applications, Applications Manager, then More, then System Apps, then Google Services Framework

Press it and press storage then clear data

Restart the phone and tell me if it then connects please.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
same message on restart
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Thanks

We will have to do a factory reset in order to rule out the firmware as the issue.

This will remove all data from the phone and return it to new. This you cannot avoid, so backup any personal data off it first before doing this.

Then go to Settings, Backup and Reset, Factory Data Reset.

Let this complete and when it has, setup the phone again and tell me please if the SIM card now works.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
reloaded email works on Wi-Fi but ophone gives msg "not registered on network"
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, if you have tried multple sim cards then it confirms the problem is your SIM port has died on the phone.

A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by reinstalling it.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you