Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a ES8109 foil shaver that stopped working and appears

Customer Question

I have a ES8109 foil shaver that stopped working and appears the battery discharged very quickly. I see from similar question that was answered that I could order a new battery and grease to install myself. What is the approximate cost of new battery?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: OK, so am I paying $5 for the answer?
JA: You end up paying for the answer if you are satisfied with it.
Customer: Do you carry the parts I may need to repair?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Just today
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I am recharging and it appears to be charging, but I just charged it 2 days ago so the battery is probably gone
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No, do I pay the $5 now?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Rechargeable batteries fail after (usually, at an approximate minimum) a year or two of use.

Grease is not usually at all good for batteries, I'm surprised that you mention it.

The batteries fail either through inability to hold a charge, or through being unable to deliver sufficient voltage/power to power On the device.

Replacing rechargeable batteries usually can be done, yes. But JustAnswer.com is an advisory service (more or less) and does not stock parts. We can advise you where to purchase or obtain parts for repairs, and how to install them.

Let me know what other specific advise you need on this subject, please. Thanks.