Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

The fuse is bad on my Royal 15mx crosscut shredder. Where

Customer Question

The fuse is bad on my Royal 15mx crosscut shredder. Where can I get a new fuse. I think the circuit board indicates it is a FS 1 fuse. Thank you for your help.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi Sara,

What is the model number of the shredder please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
15MX###-##-####model # ***** our shredder
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

You can get a replacement fuse from a local Radio Shack or similar store, or online at https://www.radioshack.com/

--------------------------
Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips greatly appreciated :)
Alternatively, please reply back if you need further assistance.
Pete.
--------------------------

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
My husband Fred and I spent a lot of time looking at every fuse that Radio Shack offered on their online site. Nothing matched the one we have that is bad. Ours has pig tails (the little wires on each end) and is less than one inch long with the wires on each side. The middle part is less than one-half inch long. It was on a board in the shredder.
Can't believe this is so hard to find.
Sara
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi Sara,

Are there any markings on the fuse?

Could you attach a photo of it?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Pete the glass part of the fuse is very small. It has metal on each end of the tube which is smaller around next to the glass part and then a bit bigger around at the end. On one end is etched 5A 250V. on the other end is what looks like a Y then TAP with 2 circles after that with some kind of design in them.. I took pictures but when I tried sending them to you at my.justanswer.com/s/q7132 it wasn't a legit email. Do you have an email address that I can send the pictures to?
Sara
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

Hi Sara,

You can attach pictures to your JustAnswer question page by selectin Add File...

or you can email me directly at***@******.***

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Pete sent 2 pictures. Delivery failed. Google tried to deliver was rejected by the server for the recipient domain mail.com by mx00.mail.com. 74.208.5.20 The error the other server returned was 550 Requested action not taken. Mailbox unavailable.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.

My mailbox is working, not sure why it rejected your email.

Can you try attaching the pictures here instead?

Or send from a different email account?