Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have a new Garmin Virb XE. Came with vs 3.30 and I have

Customer Question

I have a new Garmin Virb XE. Came with vs 3.30 and I have upgraded to vs 3.90. In both cases the displayed time on videos shows plus 3 hours local time. I have tried everything including manual settings , other time zones , turn off gps, turn on gps and no matter what I have tried the time does not change and it's +3 to my current time zone. Correct time critical for application.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi there,

When you set the time automatically, the time zone is set based on your GPS position.

What time zone or zip code area are you located in?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Atlantic but as I said if I take a video at 10:30 am on the 4th the video display info shows 7/04/2016 1:30 pm. If I manually set time zone it's identical and if I set it to central time or eastern it stills says 1:30pm when it's 10:30. If it's 9:30 local it says 12:30. It I turn of gps it says 12/31/1989 12:30 pm. When I loaded 3.90 it gave me correct date and correct local time in the about screen showing software version it showed 7/05/16 7:07pm which is correct local. We are trying to use this in fishing tournaments and correct time must be in the video. I can't find anything about this on the forums and I'm savvy and have tried everything.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Ok, then it sounds like the unit is defective, as it is not operating normally.

It would need to be returned to Garmin for investigation.

Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question, do you need any further assistance?