GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds

I purchased a Kindle WiFi +3G Paperwhite 4GB from

Customer Question

I purchased a Kindle WiFi +3G Paperwhite 4GB from Dick Smith Electronics on 21/06/2015 and for the first time I have a problem with it. It is full charged but stuck on a screen saver and I cannot turn the product off or reboot it. Any thoughts?, Wendy from Gold Coast, Australia
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Tech replied 3 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. On your kindle, please press and hold (or slide and hold) the power on / off button / switch on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Your suggestion did not work. The product will not turn off.

I'm sorry. Does your kindle have touchscreen or not?

What happens when you press and hold the Power (On / Off) button on your kindle hard for about 45 seconds? Does the screen change anything?

Please charge the kindle also.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The Kindle is fully charged and does have a touch screen - it is currently stuck on a screen saver. However, holding the on/off button for 45 seconds has not achieved anything.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry, nothing personal, but do not trust anyone to remote into my computer. Thank you for your time but I will take this to our business IT company. Just thought it might have been a very simple thing and didn't want to be without the Kindle for a couple of days. Thank you anyway.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Hi Wendy. My name is*****'m sorry that you are having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. I do have a suggestion. Even though your Kindle is fully charged, I'd like for you to connect it to your computer with the usb cable, then try to turn it off, pressing and holding the power button down for a full minute. Please give that a try and let me know the results.