Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

When i choose DVD on my remote, i now only get audio...the

Customer Question

When i choose DVD on my remote, i now only get audio...the tv goes dark for about five seconds and then reverts to the Sat/Cable feed.
JA: What's the make and model of your television? And is the remote the same, universal, or for another device?
Customer: It's a JVC...but i run all the tv, dvd, and stereo through the Denon ARv-591
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i've unplugged and replugged the video cables from the dve to the Denon
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please the make and model of the DVR unit?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It's a Sony DVP-NS55P DVD component. Not a DVR.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Thanks.

Can you connect the DVD player to a different HDMI port on your TV.

Then tell me if it now operates correctly please.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The DVD isn't HDMI compatible. It has the three plug connection Audio (White / Red) and Video (Yellow). I recently had my hardwood floors re finished. At that time I left all the connections to the (Denon, Set Top Box, TV , DVD and CD player in and just unplugged from the electrical strip. When i plugged everything back in it all seemed to work until we tried to watch a movie and the DVD output will only play audio and NOT video. I tried to move it from the Denon to the JVC but there aren't enough plug outlets for the video cable from the DVDplayer to plug into the T V
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

ok, it looks like the video is not plugged in.

Plug the video cable (the yellow one) directly into the TV, then try to play the DVD

Does it then play correctly?