Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

My sansa fuze says on most songs but not all dpm licence not

Customer Question

my sansa fuze says on most songs but not all dpm licence not avaialable
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi Thomas,

This problem can be due to a sync problem with the internal clock on the Fuze, or a corruption on its memory.

In Rhapsody, there is a way to resynchronize the secure clock. this internal clock is completely separate from the clock displayed on the screen.

First, connect your Fuze+ and open the Rhapsody program on a PC.

In the left side, there is the sources pane, where the Fuze+ is listed. Now for the secret handshake. Hold the [ctrl] and [shift] keys down, while right clicking on the Fuze+. Reset Secure Clock will now be available in the pop up menu.

Give this a try and see if all is well once you disconnect.

The idea here is to see if you can reset the Fuze without the inconvenience of reloading everything from scratch. If this does not do the trick, plug in again, and this time simply use the right click of the mouse without the pressed key trick, and try selecting deauthorize, then authorize Fuze once again.

If it still doesn't work, then you will need to reformat the device and start from scratch.

Let me know how it goes?

Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips greatly appreciated :)
You can still reply back if you need further assistance.