Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

We have a Garmin 192c chart plotter. Turned it on today, and

Customer Question

We have a Garmin 192c chart plotter. Turned it on today, and the screen is black, but can hear noises when pressing buttons. Worked fine yesterday. We already tried shutting it down and turning it back on. Nothing has seemed to work. Any advice?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

'Black screen' cases are almost never recoverable, and you have already tried the right things.

Tell me your zip code, and I will list for you the nearest Garmin facility to send it to for repairs.

(How old is the Garmin 192c in question? And BTW if it is out of warranty, I can quote you the flat rate Garmin would charge for repairing it.)