Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I am trying to update the firmware on my photo cube model

Customer Question

hi there I am trying to update the firmware on my photo cube model ip-p28 vp wih my android samsung galaxy s7 edge phone says i need to use a lesser version of android so i hooked it up to an old tablet...it also said to update firmware but no one has it told me how to do that haha
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: just hooked up today
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: been googleing how to update firmware
JA: The camera expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no thanks
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Camera Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

There is no firmware upgrade method available for these printers from VuPoint. You can only use it with older versions of Android OS.This problem can also occur if the phone does not make good contact with the printer. There may be some fluff or lint stuck in the phone's socket.Try cleaning the socket out with a vacuum cleaner or by blowing compressed air into it. You could also carefully use a toothpick or tweezers to remove any stuck pieces of debris. Then firmly connect the phone to the printer again.Let me know if that helps..