Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

I have a sam4s cash register that is frozen. I have just a

Customer Question

I have a sam4s cash register that is frozen. I have just a blue screen with the sam4s logo in the top left corner not moving around as it normally does. I have tried turning it off and on at the switch, and moving the register key between off and reg without success. I have also tried unplugging for 5 min and restarting without any luck. Then left it unplugged for 15min and plugged it back in without any luck.Suggestions?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi Shawn,

First, try an Initial Clear:
1. Turn the power switch located on the right side of the register to the OFF position.
2. Turn the control lock to the PGM position.
3. Press and hold the key position where the CASH key is located on the default keyboard layout.
4. While continuing to hold the CASH key, turn the power switch to the ON position.
5. The message “SIGN ON REQUIRED” will display when the initial clear is complete.

Now press the clerk sign on button and sign on to the cash register.

Let me know if it works ok?

Kindly rate my service 5 stars at the top of your question page if my answer worked so I am rewarded for my time; tips greatly appreciated :)
You can still reply back if you need further assistance.