Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience

My sky caddie sgx is not holding a charge, about 6 months,

Customer Question

my sky caddie sgx is not holding a charge
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: about 6 months
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: not sure what to do, today I charged it for an hour and it died on the 3rd hole
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: also the scroll button doesn't work, that happened within the first year I had it
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I'm ready
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The battery will most probably have to be replaced.

How old is the SkyCaddie in question, measured from date of purchase?

The unadorned warranty from the maker is only 30 days long - truly less than most electronics makers. So I doubt there is any warranty coverage to invoke.

To get it repaired for you out-of-warranty, there is this option:

though that may not be tempting: overall repair is $ 89.xx-odd, and battery replacement is 'flat fee', but alas, they don't say what that fee is anywhere that I notice.

(If this answers your question, please rate my answer; if you need to know more, please Reply and ask me. Thanks.)