Viet - Tech
Viet - Tech, Electronics Tech
Experience:  Troubleshoot consumer electronics devices.
30037186

My kindle will not wake when l slide and release the power

Customer Question

My kindle will not wake when l slide and release the power switch. I thought it might need charging even though it did not indicate so. It was working fine the day before. When I tried to use it today it would not work. I have a picture on it but cannot get it to open to page. Please help.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Viet - Tech replied 5 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please press and hold (or slide and hold) the power button / switch on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That did not work

I'm sorry. Can you please charge the kindle for a bit. Then while the kindle is being charged, press and hold (or slide and hold) the power button / switch on the kindle hard this time for about 60 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

Is there any power / light?

Does the kindle do anything when you hold the power switch for a long time?

Does the screen change at any point?

- If needed, do you have another charger / power cord to try?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It doesn't do anything when I hold the power switch. The screen stays the same. There is power light when l have it on the charger and when I slide the power switch

When you slide the power switch and keep holding the power switch after sliding it for about 45 seconds, it does not do anything. Is that correct?

Please let me know. Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It does nothing

I'm sorry. It looks like the power switch on your old kindle model is bad as it does not do anything. You need a new kindle. In the mean time, if you need, I can show you how to read your kindle books on a computer or tablet or smartphone if you have. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No thank you

The kindle is a few years old. I'm sorry about the hardware issue. Do you have any other electronics or computer question / issue I can help with today?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No but thanks

OK. If you need help with anything else in the future, please let us know any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,