Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in applied electronics and instrumentation with 7 yrs + hands on experience in Consumer Electronics equipments and Circuitry
22727371

My Kindle Fire will not take a charge. I get a message,

Customer Question

My Kindle Fire will not take a charge. I get a message, "Your battery is too low to power on. Please connect the charger and wait 15 minutes before turning on". I have put in the charger, waited the 15 minutes and still get the same response. This has never happened before. How do I get it to charge?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

As of first step, let's try resetting your Kindle.

1) Keep your Kindle connected to the charger.

2) Press and hold the Power button on the bottom of the device for about 25 seconds and then release the switch.

3) Please press and hold your kindle for atleast 25 seconds.If you only hold the Power button for only 5 to 10 seconds you'll just turn the unit OFF. So you have to hold the power button for atleast 25 seconds.

Tell me if it makes any difference to your problem.

Please let me know if resetting didn't help.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I held the power button for 25 seconds and nothing happened. What next?

When your Kindle is charging, does a lightning bolt appears on the battery icon at the top of the Home screen.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No lightening bolt appears anywhere. I get the same response that I got before.

Did you try charging by connecting the kindle to a computer via a USB Cable.

We are now trying to figure out if the charger is bad or the problem is with the KINDLE.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, but I will. My charger is not bad because I use the same one for my phone. My kindle has always taken a charge with the normal charger but I'll try the USB cable. How long should I leave it in?

Just use the USB cable and tell me if you see a a lightning bolt appears on the battery icon at the top of the Home screen.

When you connect the Kindle to charge, the indicator light on the bottom edge of your device turns amber while the battery is charging and green when it is fully charged.
If you don't see a light, your Kindle is not charging.
Do you see the indicator light?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
There is no lightening bolt. When it is connected to the USB, there is no light on at all.. When I press the button, the light is green and I still get the message about low battery and then the light immediately turns off and the screen is black.

I am sorry to say the power receptacle/jack which receives the charge from the power cord has become loose or dislodged or the battery has gone bad.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How can that be fixed or the battery replaced?

The only option left is to send it for repair, for that you have to send it to Amazon because amazon directly supports and services the Kindle. You'll need to call them, and obtain an RA prior to sending it. In some cases, Amazon will not repair the Kindle and instead will offer a refurbished one at a lesser cost.
Here is the link for Kindle Service and Warranty information along with their phone number.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_kland_faq_warserv?nodeId=200144510&/lwarranty

You can also contact kindle support at

United States: 1-***-***-****

Outside the United States: 1-***-***-****

Sorry to give you a bad news.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Please take a moment to rate my service positively by clicking on one of the stars at the top > then submit.

Please let me know if you face any problem while rating.

I wish you a pleasant day and a quick solution to this problem.

Thank You!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No, thank you. I originally thought you were Kindle support and should have known once there was a charge that you weren't. My mistake.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.