Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

I have an old sony navu74t gps. still works but would like

Customer Question

I have an old sony navu74t gps. still works but would like to updatemaps for california is it possible?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sony is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 4098 NVU74T
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i have only looked for places to upgrade you are the first that has not declined the old modle yet
JA: Thank you.
Customer: r u still there
JA: No. I'm the Technician's Assistant.
Customer: im sorry in a chain of command im a little lost
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: not that im aware of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 5 months ago.

Hi there and welcome
They stopped making updates for this a long time ago, as it was not a commercial success...
But make sure you have the latest updates on it
To do this, download the software from my link below
https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=NVU74T&template_id=1&region_id=1&tab=download#/downloadTab
Onto your computer
Choose Windows XP as thats the last windows they supported.
Then run the installed program, connect the device to the computer and it will perform the latest updates.
But it is all that is available for it sorry.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you