Cerecita
Cerecita,
1470369

I have a Sentry 1230 which i bought in September 1993 when

Customer Question

I have a Sentry 1230 which i bought in September 1993 when Builders Emporium closed. I wrote the combination down on my old bank passbook but memorized the combination. However probably because of aging, I forgot the combination and unluckily, I can find the bank passbook anymore. When I was requesting for lost combination, they are always asking for the serial number. Do all Sentry safe model 1230 have the same serial number? I am ready to retire but all my paper works are inside the safe. Can you please help?
Jesus Q. Aviles ***@******.***
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Cerecita replied 12 months ago.

Hello, Jesus and welcome.

I'm sorry that you misplaced the combination for your safe.

With Sentry safes, typically, the serial number is ***** on a badge-shaped sticker near the upper door hinge, along with the model number. If you don't see it there (it is longer than the model number and sometimes ends in " * "), look over every inch of your safe, including the bottom, under the handle, under the keypad (if electronic) or on or under the dial, if manual.

No, every Sentry safe model 1230 doesn't have the same serial number. Each safe manufactured, has a different serial number for your security and protection.

The only way to recover your combination, is to contact Sentry and fill out the form, below:

https://www.sentrysafe.com/CustomerCare/Lost_Your_Combination

--------

I realize you probably saw this form already, and realized you needed both the model and serial number.

If you cannot find the serial number anywhere on the safe (it could be engraved somewhere), since it is an older model, Sentry Safe's Customer Service might be able to help by telling you where to look on the safe for the serial number and/or search their records/archives for you. Call Customer Service, here: 1- 800- 828- 1438. Their hours are 8AM to 6PM, Eastern time, Monday through Friday.

If you can't find the serial number, your only options would be to call a local locksmith or safe technician to try to open the safe for you without rendering it unusable, or, in the worst case scenario, the lock will need to be drilled open because you must have these important papers and then you can buy another safe, if needed.

I'm sorry if this wasn't the answer you were expecting or wanted to hear, but I've been truthful and listed your options. I do hope you can find the serial number and retrieve your combination from Sentry!

I wish you the best of luck and please let me know how things work out. Thanks!

I hope you found this answer helpful and will please take a moment to select a positive rating from the stars at the top of your page, then click 'submit;' this is the only way I will receive credit for assisting you. Thank you very much!

Even after rating, I will always be available if you need additional information; just click 'reply' and I will be glad to continue.

Warmest wishes,
Cher

Customer: replied 12 months ago.

Are you still charging my credit card without a successful resolution? Please don't. I was willing to give my credit card number on the assumption that you can get me the answer. You could have answered, "Sorry but we can not answer you without the serial number."

Dear Jesus,

I can certainly put in a refund request for you, since I don't have your serial number or combination number. Only Sentry has that.

I did give you other alternatives to try.

Sorry you will probably need to drill the safe open........

Best wishes,

Cher