Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Hooked my striker 4 plugged in and nothing. Checked power

Customer Question

Hooked my striker 4 plugged in and nothing. Checked power chord and have 12 volts on the upper two female spots on the red power chord (the flat side) I shoved it in what appears to be all the way. This a brand new unit given to me by my daughter and her husband for Father's Day and I will look like a fool if I cannot make this work. Help please!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, depending on the version/bundled accessories, try installing and charging the rechargeable battery pack with the AC adapter:

• if after 8 hours of charging and the Garmin STRIKER-4 is still dead, then it would be an internal hardware issue;
  • if it would work with the rechargeable battery pack, then it would be a concern with the DC power cable and/or its matching socket/plug/jack.

Since it is new, then a replacement maybe possible.