John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!

I have a Snetry CSW4747 that in the past functioned

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Snetry CSW4747 that in the past functioned correctly. However, do a recent move the batteries went dead. I have replace the batteries. I forgot my code (or it doesn't work now) and have followed the steps using the factory code and the keys, however, I keep getting an error message when hitting "Enter" after enter the factory code. (The key lock is popped out during all of this) What am I missing?
JA: Just to clarify, have you double-checked the code? And what is the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: I have the manual. SentrySafe CSW4747, Serial No. BU560669; Key No. 2039; Key Code 76961.
JA: Huh?
Customer: Batteries may have been dead for approx 9-10 months. Would everything have reset?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: What other troubleshooting is there? Manual
says the factory code should always work.
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: This is
all I have.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Carl L replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Carl and welcome to Just Answer. I am reviewing your Question now and will reply back in just a moment.

Expert:  Carl L replied 3 months ago.

The batteries being dead for 9-10 months will not and cannot reset the code as it's stored permanently in a computer chip. When you enter the factory code, does the door allow you to unlock it?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No. If i would be able to unlock it I would no be having this conversation.
Expert:  Carl L replied 3 months ago.

I totally get it and please don't take any offense to that question. What I meant was does it give you an error like the Factory Code is invalid or it takes the code and just doesn't unlock the safe.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It only states "Error".
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I never received an answer. This should not be closed.