Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My telephone was not working due to water in the telephone

Customer Question

my telephone was not working due to water in the telephone line. verizon was on strike and did not repair the line for 20 days. i now have working line but only using an old uniden phone. my engenius durafon 1x would not produce a dial tone. a verizon repairman came today and could not get a dial tone on my durafon. what should i do. i really need the durafon 1x.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Hello Percy,

First, test the DuraFon 1X on a different phone line (eg. at a friend or neighbor's house) to verify it is working.

If it works ok at another house then there is a problem with your line and Verizon will need to repair it.

If the DuraFon 1X does not work on a different phone line then it likely has a fault, and will need to be repaired or replaced.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok. will do this. neighbor may not be home today
Expert:  Pete replied 5 months ago.

Ok, let me know how it goes.

Don't forget to rate my help, it is how the site rewards me for my time.

Pete.