Carl L
Carl L, Master Technician
Experience:  Current Electronics Shop Owner and Master Technician in FL.

I have a Attune Belt Pack system, we were having problems

Customer Question

Hello, I have a Attune Belt Pack system, we were having problems with the vehicle detector going off when no cars are present. We are working with RDS, who sent a new vehicle detector box, replaced the Vehicle detector box, and still having the same problem. It works fine for an hour or so and then...We have tried adjusting the frequency and sensitivity, and resetting. Any idea what our next step would be, it seems I am loosing faith in our tech support currently. The system is 3 years old??
Thank you,
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Rusty replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. What is the model number of the system?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Restaurant drive thru, Panasonic attune, I think the vehicle detector it is Model=317,115vac, The center Module LK0012, Model WX 3010.
Expert:  Carl L replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Carl and I will take over where you left off with Rusty. This sounds like an interference issue and wouldn't have anything to with the detector. The issue would be with the headset RF Circuit thinking it's receiving a vehicle alert when it's not. Check different areas of your location and ensure that nothing interfering. If everything looks good, replace the Headset and you should no longer see this issue.

If you need any clarification or additional help, please feel free to ask me.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
We have 8 headsets and they ALL have the exact same issue. This is not an interference issue.
Expert:  Carl L replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for the additional information. I was not aware that you were using additional headsets. Is your detector Audio, Motion, or Audio/Motion based?