Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

My hard wired SC9120A is chirping every minute. There is no

Customer Question

My hard wired SC9120A is chirping every minute. There is no visible battery drawer for back up battery. HELP
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: all day. It started as i was leaving for work. I have been home for 2 hours now
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: reset button, turned all breakers in suite off and then on, looking for a battery drawer but cant find one.
JA: The electronics expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Rusty replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Please stand by..

Expert:  Rusty replied 10 months ago.

There is a little slot on the side. You'll need to flip it out to get to the battery.

Expert:  Rusty replied 10 months ago.

Click here. Watch the video from 1:25 to 1:30, it shows you where the battery is. It's a standard 9v battery, and you can get them at almost any store.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I watched that before contacting you. There is a visible lever on the video. Mine does not have that. There is no visible battery drawer on this one.
Expert:  Rusty replied 10 months ago.

Stand by just a minute, let me take a closer look at your exact model.

Expert:  Rusty replied 10 months ago.

Ok, yours is still in the same spot as on the video, but you'll need to use a flat screwdriver to pry it open.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
There is nothing there but a smooth surface! Please refund my money. I have been able to disconnect it from the ceiling and will take it in to a hardware store.
Expert:  Rusty replied 10 months ago.

Don't rate, and you won't be charged for my time. You'll need to contact customer service for the refund, but we have a A+ rating with the BBB.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you.