Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.

My garmin edge 510 shows a flashing bluetooth light. the

Customer Question

My garmin edge 510 shows a flashing bluetooth light. the computer won't connect to my my power meter on either of my two bike, one with a quark power meter and the other with a Rivals power meter. The computer (garmin 510) picks up the chest band heart rate meter but not the power meter on the crank/pedal. Any ideas?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi Brad,

To fix this connection issue, try reseating the connector first.

If that doesn't help, you will need to try reassembling the pedal and transmitter.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks. Not sure I understand the advice. I don't know what it means to "reseat the connector." The Garmin was picking up both power meters last week. The problem arose when I switched the Garmin from one bike to the other on Saturday. The bluetooth icon on the Garmin was and is flashing. When I push the "search" feature on the Garmin to locate the power meter, it advises "power sensor not found." I thought the qwark power meter battery might be out, so I switched the Garmin to the other bike, which has a differently mounted power meter by a different manufacturer (Rivals). Same problem. That caused me to think the problem is in the Garmin, not both power meters.I guess I understand what you mean by reassembling the qwark and Rivals power meter transmitter. It seems odd that both PM's would go out at the same time and require reassembly. Is there anything to be tried on the Garmin? Many thanks!
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi Brad,

Yes, you could try a simple power cycle on the Edge device.

If that doesn't work, you could also try checking for any software updates for it: