Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in applied electronics and instrumentation with 7 yrs + hands on experience in Consumer Electronics equipments and Circuitry

I had a minor auto accident yesterday. My Kindle Fire was

Customer Question

I had a minor auto accident yesterday. My Kindle Fire was laying on the front seat and flew onto the floorboard upon impact.
Now it won't open. When you unplug it from a power source it lights up Kindle Fire for a short period of time, the nothing.
Any ideas?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

Lets try resetting your kindle again; follow the steps below:

1) Please connect your Kindle to your charger.

2) Press and hold the Power button on the bottom of the device for about 40 seconds and then release the switch.

3) Please press and hold your kindle for atleast 40 seconds.If you only hold the Power button for only 10 to 20 seconds you'll just turn the unit OFF. So you have to hold the power button for atleast 40 seconds.

Tell me if it makes any difference to your problem.