Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices

I just want to activate my kindle so I can buy a book. My

Customer Question

I just want to activate my kindle so I can buy a book.
My daughter bought my kindle from long ago.
Model No D00511 FCC ID W15-1210 or
Model No D00701 FCC ID W82-0725
I am sure I updated and added my name, address and credit details
I wanted to buy Outback Cafe on my Kindle and couldn't, the I tried on my computer, not even realising I could download on my computer, and it worked.
Please help make the adjustments so that I can because I have lost the manual.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

Do you mean you wish to register the Kindle with your own account instead of the one it is currently registered to?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do, but I thought I already had
Expert:  Richard replied 4 months ago.

ok, first you need to de-register it which removes all content until you register it again

to do this

If you are not already on the Home screen, press the Home button. 2. Press the Menu button. Make sure that Whispernet is turned on. 3. Move the 5-way down until "Settings" is underlined and press to select. 4. Press the 5-way to select "register" or "deregister" from the Settings screen. 5. If you're registering Kindle, enter your user name and password (the e-mail address and password ***** with your Amazon account) using the keyboard. 6. Navigate the 5-way to select "OK" to finish the process or "Cancel" to abort.

Then repeat the process and choose register and register with your own account

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you