John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

Our Garmin 550C has been shutting itself off after running 1

Customer Question

Our Garmin 550C has been shutting itself off after running 1 - 5 Minutes. The battery was replaced after the our first trip this year. It was properly charged and installed by an electrician. The unit is 4 - 5 years old. Any suggestions at this point?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

You may have a bad (new) battery.

What are the specifications of Voltage, and mAh, on the new battery?

And, you may have a defective charger. Does it seem to be charging very rapidly? then it may be defective in not charging enough before it quits, or the like, leading to an 'undercharge' of an otherwise good battery.

Was the new battery put in because the old battery also showed these symptoms of not lasting longer than a few minutes?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)