John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

I bought a car this stereo was in it Pioneer Avic

Customer Question

I bought a car this stereo was in it Pioneer Avic -6000nex...all good except navigation system gives error message...spoke to a stereo guy and he said the company may need to give a update or turn something on. I restore to erase previous owners navigation address's but it just shut down..
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try a firmware update on the AVIC-6000nex. It might help with the software/firmware issue, if that's what it is.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
everything was working then I restored to factory settings to get rid of previous owners address list so I could add mine...after I enter maps it gives a message that will not let me accept or decline

What message "will not let me accept or decline", and why not? do the controls freeze up?

(I regret that I am not able to offer Live Phone Call service at this time; However, your request is still open to other Experts in this category, and one of them may pick up on it at any time.)

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you going to charge me 26.00 for a call plus 24.00 for asking question.please monthly charge but your did not give an for just this one time

I have no power over charges. I can't set them, nor rescind them.

For all such concerns I have to refer you to Customer Service at JustAnswer.com, which has power over these matters. They can be contacted through

*****@******.***

and will respond to your concern, if you contact them, with reasonable promptness.